Some examples of how the global downturn is affecting the sports world …
- London 2012 organizers are having trouble rounding up corporate sponsors.
- Professional Kenyan runners are scrambling to make ends meet.
- The New York Mets are having trouble selling out their new ballpark for Opening Day.
- The Hong Kong Sevens rugby tournament is seeing a drop in concessions revenue.
- Michigan State’s Final Four berth is the first good thing to happen to Detroit in a long time.
- MLB may be facing a 10% drop in attendance.
- Bernie Brewer has become a dirty corporate whore.
- Spanish bullfighting is on the wane.